Monday, May 18, 2009

More Moving (but not us)!

I guess I should officially come clean. The move to Colorado has been postponed until next spring for us. I've been waiting to actually put the words down in hopes that somehow things would change but it's time to call a spade a spade. Really this is not bad news and it is a result of my smart thinking (at least that's what I'm saying). I checked with a mortgage broker before we listed our house just to be sure that we could get a good loan with my husband's new employment status (100% self-employed). It's a good thing I did because due to all the slacker losers out there who either made bad loans or got them we are now required to have proof of the fact that we actually work and receive payment for it via a tax return. It's all really okay since we have worked very hard to reduce our debt and make smart decisions and don't want to blow it on a crappy interest rate.

All that said, it didn't help that we spent the day on Sunday helping our friends pack up to move on to their next adventure. They are heading to Maine for residency and it is not likely that we will see them again for a couple of years. Our girls are only a few months apart and have grown very close in the past year. We are sad to see them go but also very happy for them. This is exactly where they want to go and plan to stay for a while. I really appreciate that since we feel the same way about Colorado. It does make me a little sad that it will take a lot more work to get our paths to cross in the future. It's also a bit of a challenge explaining that to a three year old. Despite all the sadness we are learning lessons from this whether we like them or not. The most important is being thoughtful about how we handle this move for our girls. Big changes can cause big problems but hopefully with an early start we can make this transition a little easier for everyone. The bottom line is we are doing this for them and have to realize that things that are no big deal for us grown ups can be devastating for little people.

The ride is still crazy but now it's going to be crazy long.

No comments: