Friday, April 3, 2009

No April Fools here

I have purposefully waited for the first day of April to pass to post this so as to avoid skepticism. Actually, I should have posted this on April 1st so after every big fat lie like that one, I could write "APRIL FOOLS!" This whole resolution thing has got me hog-tied. There just isn't enough time to write, read, work, workout, sleep, make meals, and take care of my girls (and definitely not in that order). Every week something has to give and the latter is not an option. So some weeks I actually put a few words on the page and other weeks I manage to run a few times and then there are the weeks when I cook and some weeks I bill enough hours to make me feel like a financial contributor (albeit a small one) the bank account and on rare occasions we actually sleep in this house. Unfortunately for my husband, things like dusting or mopping never even make it to the list. I hate those things. When he finally gets tired of scraping away some dust to see the clock on the nightstand, then he manages to dust the entire house in one day. I do laundry and I do it quite well, thank you. And vacuum.

Hello "writing" week! Yep, here we are. (Fingers tapping on the desk. La de da. La de da.)

So the weather is starting to warm around here and that makes things easier. It seems those hours late in the day when dinner preparations are necessary become the most stressful. The girls whine for holding while I figure out a way to feed them without turning on the "babysitter" to do it. But when it's warm they have dirt and dandelions to occupy them long enough for chicken to grill and rice to boil. The "hold me's" just lift away like lost balloons. This is a good thing since we've made some changes in the house. No more babysitter days for me. Things just weren't going as planned on more than one front--the billable hours were not as predictable and the sitter just wasn't working out--so warm weather helps me get through the rough patches. I'm hoping we'll save some money and have more fun time.

You might be wondering why there has been no talk of moving lately. Well, after a bit of research and discussion with the mortgage broker, it seems the best thing for us is to wait until next year to move. We have all those fraudulent lenders and borrowers to thank for this one. In order to qualify for the best possible rates we need another tax return year to prove we'll pay our mortgage. Whatever! I'm a bit sad about this but at the same time relieved. All those things we need to do to list our house can now be properly put off until next spring! Long live procrastination! Although we have vowed to complete a project a month to avoid that problem, it does not mean that will happen. I have spent my life perfecting the art of procrastination and I don't intend to stop that now.

Okay, I'm going to bed because I've been putting that off for two hours now. I am good!

1 comment:

Raining Crafts & Dogs said...

There's just not enough hours in the day is there? I feel ya! Glad the nice weather is helping things out a bit. :) Hang in there!